Thursday, September 4, 2014

Fundraising with Jamberry

How does it work? 

Jamberry will donate 10% of the retail sales to the organization. The check must be made to an organization, not an individual.  The donation is made INSTEAD OF host rewards.  

On the party tab in your workstation, there is a separate tab for fundraisers. Enter the organization's information, exactly as the check should be addressed and mailed. Orders can be online or collected in person. When you are ready to close, simply submit a support ticket including the name of the fundraiser, and let them know that you are ready to close it. Jamberry will cut a check and mail it directly to the organization.  They send out checks once a week on Friday for the fundraisers that closed in the previous week.

Here is what I do to help increase sales:

Jamberry will donate 10% of the sales to the organization. 

In addition, If the total sales are over $250, I will donate 10%
$400, I will donate 15%
$600, I will donate 20%
$800, I will donate 25%
$1000 I will donate my entire 30% commission

So the organization will receive anywhere from $1.50 per set of wraps to $6.00

Resources: 

  • There is a fundraiser packet in your workstation.  Also in Team Jambunnies Facebook group files.

FAQs:

Do I have to charge tax on fundraiser orders?
  • you do have to charge tax (since the people are using them, not the organization)
Is my portion of the donation a tax deduction?
  • Yes, it is a tax deduction, as long as they are a 503c charitable organization 
Why would you want to donate your whole commission?
  • I use the percentage of my commission as a way to increase sales. If they sell over $1000 in a calendar month, then you are going to a 5% commission bonus & $50 in product credit. Keep that in mind when setting up fundraisers You want to close them out before the end of the month!
How do I set it up?
  • In your workstation, click on Parties, then the Fundraiser tab. Create a new fundraiser like you would a party. You can also set up a Facebook event, so people across the country can order from the website, attend on Facebook, etc. 
What do I do when it's over?
  • Once the fundraiser is over - you contact support@jamberrynails.com with the name of the fundraiser (in your workstation) and the address and the name of the organization to whom the check should be written. Jamberry will mail a check to them. If you wish to make an additional donation from your commissions, you do that separately.
Is there any other way to do a fundraiser?
  • Yes, you could place all orders under a party, claim the hostess rewards for yourself and make the donation directly. (I recommend stating up front that you make your donations on the 2nd Friday following the close of the fundraiser, or 10th of the following month, so that you can get your commission check back first!)
Can I do a fundraiser the same way in Canada?
  • yes, fundraisers work the same way in Canada


No comments:

Post a Comment